Happy New Year! Pretty slow news week out there in the wider world, so here are some Cloud Foundry happenings to occupy your stimulation-deprived brains.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- We crossed over to a new Contributor License Agreement. Most primary contributing companies have already re-signed, so hopefully nobody is experiencing any major disruptions from this – let me know if you are!
- Chip Childers discusses results and highlights of the 2020 Cloud Foundry user survey in this interview on TFIR.
- Julian Fischer, CEO of anynines, shares his 2021 predictions in this interview on TFIR.
- Read Ram Iyengar’s excellent piece for The New Stack: Using Prometheus to Monitor Kubernetes Clusters Running Cloud Foundry.
- Here’s Josh Long’s latest A Bootiful Podcast episode, spotlighting Cloud Foundry Developer Advocate, Shedrack Akintayo.
- We’ve got an upcoming Cloud Foundry webinar with DataDog, “cf push for Modern Observability”, on Jan 26. Find out more, and register, here.
- Stratos v4.4.0, with many new features, including:
- updates to visible Kubernetes resource types
- application deployment from private repositories
- an improved homepage
- Read more here.
- Routing-release v0.211.0
- adds support for sticky sessions when CF-deployed reverse proxy is used
- (see: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/routing-release/issues/170
- Cf-deployment v15.5.0
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – January 15 at 10 am
- CF for Kubernetes SIG meeting – January 19 at 8:30 am
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – January 19 at 10:30 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – January 19 at 11 am
- CAB call – January 20 at 8 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – January 22 at 10 am
- CF Extensions PMC meeting – January 25 at 11 am
- “cf push for Modern Observability” Webinar with DataDog – January 26 at 10 am
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Survey shows K8s and CF synergies – Container Journal
- Andrew Jessup sparks a good conversation about K8s and CF’s relative adoption speeds – Twitter
- Google expands its cloud with new regions – TechCrunch
- Google grants $3M to the CNCF to help run K8s infrastructure – TechCrunch
- AWS introduces managed services for Grafana and Prometheus – InfoQ
- Red Hat acquires K8s security startup StackRox – Forbes
- Five K8s OSS projects to watch in 2021 – Enterprisers Project
- The Cloud Native Landscape: The Orchestration and Management Layer – The New Stack
- You can download the 2020 Linux Foundation Annual Report here.
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)