Hi all! Here’s the last bi-weekly round-up of the year. I hope your holiday season is safe, festive and at least semi-normal, despite all limitations.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- We’ve got a brand new Hands-on Lab: SHIELDing Data in your Cloud Foundry Apps, from Stark & Wayne this Tuesday December 15 at 10 am pacific (that’s very soon)! Register here.
- A new project has been accepted into the Extensions PMC: Cloud Service Broker. Here’s a VMware Tanzu blog post explaining the project in greater depth.
- Feature Narrative: Fine-granular & custom platform roles for Cloud Foundry – cf-dev
- Ram asks, PaaS or Fail? The Advantages of Platform-as-a-Service – The New Stack
- Ram and Shedrack join Swapnil on TFIR – video interview
- Routing release v0.210.0 – more here.
- CF-deployment v15.3, with experimental support for bionic stemcell
- KubeCF v2.7.1
- Added support for a generic fog provider to allow usage of an external blobstore. #1531
- Implemented ability to pull kubecf or other images from a private registry requiring authentication. #1421
- Removed the
cc-deployment-updaterto fix upgrade issues. #1637
sample_values.yamlsince values are now placed elsewhere. #1626
- CF-for-K8s v1.1.0
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- “CF-Protect” Hands-on Lab – December 15 at 10 am
- CAB call – December 16 at 8 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – December 18 at 8 am
- CF for Kubernetes SIG meeting December 22 at 8:30 am
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- You can download the 2020 Linux Foundation Annual Report here.
- Don’t panic re: Docker being deprecated in Kubernetes – Kubernetes blog
- Amazon Wants to Train 29 Million People to Work in the Cloud – WSJ
- AWS leads $36M Funding For Kubernetes Startup Weaveworks – crn.com
- New Relic snaps up Kubernetes machine learning solution provider Pixie Labs – zdnet.com
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)