Hi! Hope you’re all keeping warm out there.
We have a rather excellent hands-on lab regarding data protection coming up next Tuesday, February 23, from James Hunt of Stark & Wayne. This is highly recommended!
Also, we have a very interesting live stream on CI/CD pipelines in both GitHub and GitLab from Ram & Shedrack on February 26.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Here is a thorough and generally excellent article on Paketo Buildpacks from former Pivot and Cloud Foundry veteran Genevieve L’Esperance (now at Doximity), which spawned a lengthy and mostly interesting discussion on Hacker News.
- Chip Childers wrote a blog post showing how CF helps developers overcome K8s challenges.
- Ram Iyengar wrote a Medium piece on automating cf-for-k8s deployments using the GitHub Container Registry and GitHub Actions. This is relevant to the upcoming live stream mentioned above (and below), so, if you’re interested, maybe check out that live stream. Have I mentioned there is an interesting live stream happening on February 26?
- cf-for-k8s v2.0.0
- details in this blog post by Andrew Wittrock
- eirini-release v3.0.0
- removes Helm-Charts from the release
- plain K8s YAML specs
- documents how to deploy Eirini without Helm
- CATS v7.1.0
- loggregator-release v106.4.0
- capi-release v1.106.0
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – February 19 at 8 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – February 19 at 10:30 am
- SHIELDing Data in Your Cloud Foundry Apps Hands-on Lab with Stark & Wayne – February 23 at 10 am
- How to Setup Simple CI/CD Pipelines that Can Deploy to Kubernetes with CF-for-K8s Live Stream – Feb 26 at 10 am
- CF-for-K8s SIG meeting – Mar 2 at 8:30 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – Mar 2 at 10:30 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – Mar 5 at 8 am
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- The cloud infrastructure market hits $129B in 2020 – TechCrunch
- Docker Distribution Gets a Home at the CNCF – The NewStack
- HAProxy Kubernetes Ingress Controller Moves Outside the Cluster – The NewStack
- Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian is focused on growth – CNBC
- 10 Charts that will change your perspective on Microsoft Azure’s growth – Forbes
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)