Hi folks! Here are a few CF events I’d like to highlight coming up:
- This Thursday, Ram and Shedrack will be running a livestream at 9 AM PST: “JS Apps on K8s, simplified with Cloud Foundry”.
- We’ve got a webinar with our friends at DataDog on February 16 – “Monitoring Cloud Foundry: How to effectively keep track of your platform and applications”.
- On February 23, James Hunt from Stark & Wayne will lead a hands-on lab: “SHIELDing Data in Your Cloud Foundry Apps”. More info in this blog post.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Gartner analyst, Fintan Ryan shares his thoughts on findings from the CFF User Survey on Twitter.
- SAP shared a proposal for custom domains in cf-for-k8s.
- SAP’s Bernd Krannich wrote up a very nice overview of Cloud Foundry’s current trajectory in this blog post.
- Shedrack Akintayo wrote on Medium: Approaching Developer Relations in an Open Source Foundation.
- Ram Iyengar made a couple of tutorial videos:
- cf-deployment v16.0.0
- Breaking change: removed ubuntu-trusty stemcell from references in the cf-deployment manifest
- Enables TLS between route_registrar and NATS
- uaa v75.0.0
- Allows multiple oauth client secrets to be configured
- Updated logging timestamp format
- BOSH v271.3.0
- Allows changing of the root domain for DNS
- Improves director pre-start time
- cf-java-client v5.1.0
- Added support for v3 Roles and renaming spaces
- cloud-service-broker v0.2.2
- cflinuxfs3 v0.222.0
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – February 4 at 8 am (Moved from Feb 5)
- CF Technical Governance meeting – February 12 at 8 am
- CF for Kubernetes SIG meeting – February 16 at 8:30 am
- How to Monitor Cloud Foundry webinar with DataDog – February 16 at 10 am
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – February 16 at 10:30 am
- CAB call – February 17 at 8 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – February 19 at 8 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – February 19 at 10:30 am
- SHIELDing Data in Your Cloud Foundry Apps Hands-on Lab with Stark & Wayne – February 23 at 10 am
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Andy Jassy’s Climb to Amazon CEO Show’s the Cloud’s Rising Power – WSJ
- Intel CEO Swan to be replaced by VMware CEO Gelsinger – ZDNet
- Elastic Changes Licenses for Elasticsearch and Kibana; AWS Forks Both – InfoQ
- Rapid7 acquires Kubernetes security startup Alcide for $50M – TechCrunch
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)