Hi folks! Reminder: Call for Proposals for CF Summit is now open, and will close May 21.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- The CF Networking team announced a proposal for HTTP/2 app routing in Cloud Foundry. Read the proposal here.
- The BOSH team announced that Canonical is ending community support for the Xenial stemcell on April 30th, and that progress is being made on the GA release for Bionic stemcells and the migration of cf-deployment to Bionic, but that timeline isn’t completely clear yet.
- Here is the video from the March CAB call on YouTube, in case you missed it. And, here is the Altoros blog meeting recap.
- Here’s a blog piece on Running CF-for-K8s on Minikube from Chris Weibel of Stark & Wayne.
- Here’s an article from Genevieve L’Esperance, (former Cloud Foundry dev at Pivotal now at Doximity), on Writing a Buildpack for the Rails Asset Pipeline.
- The CFF announced that the UK Government Digital Service joined the Foundation as an associate member.
- Andrew Wittrock (VMware) has been confirmed as the new lead for the Release Integration project.
- Jan Dubois (SUSE) has been nominated as the new lead for the KubeCF project.
- Guiseppe Cappizi (VMware) has been nominated as the new lead for the Eirini project.
- Ram Iyengar teaches us how to Use Grafana to Monitor Cloud Foundry Objects and Apps Running on Kubernetes, in this NewStack article.
- Ram will be speaking at the GoLang Berlin meetup on April 14, where he’ll demo using Paketo buildpacks to deploy Go apps to CF.
- Here’s a Medium piece on Using the Paketo nginx buildpack to build an nginx Docker image by Grig Georghiu.
- Several CF Extensions projects were archived:
- SQL Server
- Brooklyn Broker
- cf-for-k8s v2.1.1
- Eirini images properly aligned with Eirini v2.0 release
- routing-release v0.212.0
- Golang bump
- haproxy-boshrelease v10.3.0
- fixes soft reload
- allows HAproxy to log to stdout
- service-fabrik-broker v0.13.0
- numerous features and bug fixes
- quarks-operator v7.2.1
- Uses namespace to generate cf-operator.fullname (#1258)
- Golang bump
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – March 26 at 8 am
- CF-for-K8s SIG meeting – March 30 at 8:30 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – March 30 at 10:30 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – April 2 at 8 am
- April CAB call – April 21 at 8 am
- CF Summit – July 21-22
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Google Cloud Launches a New Support Option for Mission Critical Workloads – TechCrunch
- 5 Key Takeaways for IstioCon 2021 – The NewStack
- Why Do You Need Istio When You Have Kubernetes – The NewStack
- 5 Cloud Automation Tips for Developers and DevOps – The NewStack
- Kubernetes is Not Your Platform, It’s Just the Foundation – InfoQ
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)