CF Summit dates have been announced… looking forward to seeing you all July 21-22! The Call for Proposals is now open.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Watch the February CAB call video here, and/or, read the recap blog post from Altoros. This month, the call featured a presentation from Guillaume Berche from Orange on osm-cmdb. For more on this, please see Guillaume’s post on cf-dev.
- Troy Topnik has moved on from SUSE, and his roles as our CAB call host and Extensions PMC lead. He’s been an upstanding pillar of the community, and upstanding pillars are the very best kind. Many thanks, Troy.
- Would you like to nominate someone to lead the CAB call going forward? Please do, either in the cf-dev post or the #cab Slack channel.
- Given the upcoming changes to Cloud Foundry’s overall technical governance structure, we won’t be filling the Extensions PMC lead role, but in the interim I’ll be available for any Extensions-related community business, and taking care of any housekeeping efforts that are required. Please reach out in the #cf-extensions Slack channel if you need anything.
- Sophie Wigmore explains why Building a Cloud Native Buildpack Isn’t as Hard as You Think on the Paketo blog.
- Ram Iyengar writes about Achieving Production Parity and Local Development Workflows on Cloud Foundry with Kubernetes on The NewStack.
- Last week, we had a terrific Hands-on Lab from James Hunt of Stark & Wayne on cf-protect, and you can now watch the video here, at your leisure.
- Likewise, you can now watch the video of Ram & Shedrack’s livestream from last week, on CI/CD pipelines in Github and GitLab, here.
- Here’s an interesting thread concerning Kubernetes complexity on Hacker News.
- Andrew Wittrock (VMware) has been nominated as the new Project Lead for Release Integration.
- We’re running the introductory Hands-on Lab “Try Cloud Foundry” twice next week on Thursday, March 11, at 11 am CET and at 9 am Pacific Time.
- cf-for-k8s v2.1.0
- cf apps performance speed greatly improved
- cf-deployment v16.3.0
- BOSH v271.6
- service-fabrik-broker v0.12.2
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Technical Governance meeting – March 5 at 8 am
- Hands-on Lab: “Try Cloud Foundry” – March 11 at 11 am (Central European Time)
- Hands-on Lab: “Try Cloud Foundry” – March 11 at 9 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – March 12 at 8 am
- CF-for-K8s SIG meeting – March 16 at 8:30 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – March 16 at 10:30 am
- CAB call – March 17 at 8 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – March 19 at 10:30 am
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Google Cloud puts its Kubernetes Engine on autopilot – TechCrunch
- CNCF Graduates Open Policy Agent Project to Manage Compliance as Code – DevOps.com
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)