From the Last Few Weeks:
- Join us tomorrow, Wednesday 4/21, at the monthly CAB call (8 am PDT), when we’ll have a presentation on the current state of all-things-buildpacks, including Paketo and Cloud Native Buildpacks in cf-for-K8s!
- And, shortly thereafter, Ram and Shedrack are running a livestream at 9:30 am PDT: “Cloud Native CI/CD Pipelines on Kubernetes with Tekton and Paketo”
- Please vote for CF Summit Track Co-Chairs by next Monday 4/26!
- Read the Vision for CF on Kubernetes doc, announced here.
- Here is the video for the April 13 CF App Runtime meeting, and the meeting notes.
- Amelia Downs (VMware) has been confirmed as the new Networking project lead.
- Guiseppe Capizzi (VMware) has been confirmed as the new Eirini project lead.
- The CAPI team has started to hold monthly office hours, on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, at 9 am PDT.
- eirini-release v4.0.0
- Some Configmap properties have new default values to work with cf-for-k8s out of the box.
- KubeCF-specific components have been removed.
- numerous other features and breaking changes
- cf-k8s-logging v0.7.0
- cf-k8s-networking vv0.5.0 (draft)
- cf-networking-release v2.36.0 and silk release v2.36.0
- metric-proxy v1.3.0
- UAA v75.1.0
- haproxy-boshrelease v10.5.0
- quarks-operator v7.2.2
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- April CAB call – April 21 at 8 am
- Livestream: “Cloud Native CI/CD Pipelines on Kubernetes with Tekton and Paketo” – April 21 at 9:30 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – April 23 at 8 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – April 27 at 10:30 am
- CF Technical Governance meeting – April 30 at 8 am
- CF-for-K8s SIG meeting – May 4 at 8:30 am
- Bi-weekly Runtime PMC meeting – May 11 at 10:30 am
- Office Hours: CAPI – May 12 at 9 am
- Office Hours: Logging and Metrics – May 14 at 10:30 am
- Summit CFP closes May 21
- CF Summit – July 21-22
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details!
Ecosystem and General News:
- Why Kubernetes Developer Ecosystem Needs a PaaS – Forbes
- Master, Slave and the Fight Over Offensive Terms in Computing – NY Times
- What is Istio and Why does Kubernetes Need It? – The NewStack
- Loft Labs Open-Sources Virtual Cluster Technology for Kubernetes – Container Journal
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)