Hope you’re safe, sane, and comfortable out there.
Some exciting new changes at the Cloud Foundry Foundation, just announced: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/blog/cloud-foundry-foundations-cto-steps-into-executive-director-role:
- Abby Kearns is moving on from the Foundation. Chip Childers has been appointed the new Executive Director. While we’re going to miss Abby tremendously, we are very grateful to have had such tremendous leadership here at the CFF for the past few years, and also that we are fortunate enough to be left in Chip’s capable hands going forward.
- Read Chip’s post here and Abby’s post here.
- Join a community AMA Thursday, April 9th, from 8-10 AM PST on Cloud Foundry Slack in the #cff-forum channel to discuss this transition.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Chip Childers is now the Executive Director of Cloud Foundry Foundation.
- Paul Fazzone has been named new chairman of the CFF Board.
- We’re launching a new tutorials website! Content creation is happening now, and we’d love your input, contributions, and feedback!. Please reach out in the #cloudfoundry-tutorials slack channel if you’d like to get involved. Official launch is scheduled for a few weeks from now.
- The Release Integration team is requesting review for cf-deployment V13 scope.
- Google steps up to Platinum membership in the CFF! Read more here.
- Nice blog post here on Project Quarks and KubeCF.
- The BOSH PMC is making a few changes outlined here, most notably moving the BOSH project to a distributed committer model.
- Cloud Foundry Volume Services team has shipped the first alpha version of their SMB volume service.
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call video from March 31 is up. Video here.
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the new #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Do you miss the water cooler conversations? Hop on to the Cloud Foundry Break Room if you would like to hang out with your peers from the community. Please note that the Cloud Foundry Code of Conduct applies here as well.
All things Cloud Foundry Summit:
- Please read this update. TL;DR: Call for Papers has been extended until Friday, April 17th and Program Chairs have been announced.
- In the likely event that CF Summit does become a virtual event, CFP submissions will still be selected from those submitted by you by 4/17.
- Thank you for electing the program committee and special thanks to Amelia, Dr. Nic, Molly and Matthias for helping us curate the content.
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on April 14
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on April 14
- CAB call – 8:00 AM on April 15
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/
Interesting Finds from Around the Web:
- RIP Bill Withers.
Check out the jobs board https://www.cloudfoundry.org/cf-jobs/
- SAP Cloud Platform is hiring https://twitter.com/voelzmo/status/1240626439898136578
- Resilient Scale is looking for folks with experience in Cloud Foundry and Concourse: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/join-our-team-resilient-scale-steve-greenberg/?published=t
- Royal Bank of Scotland is looking for a Cloud Application Architect: https://jobs.rbs.com/jobs/4784789-cloud-application-architect
- Anynines is looking for a Sys Admins, System Engineers, and Software Developers: https://www.anynines.com/career
Looking for an industry event to attend or to submit a speaking proposal? We put together a helpful calendar of events for 2020: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=Y2xvdWRmb3VuZHJ5Lm9yZ181Yjg2a2dobzkwdmNqOWtncDE3cjljYjh1c0Bncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t