Hi all. We’ve launched a new Tutorials website to serve as a hub for learning in our community. The hub includes an interactive hands-on lab for first-time Cloud Foundry users to experience how easy the platform makes deploying applications to Kubernetes and is open for the community to contribute. Read the release.
Special thanks to Steve Greenberg at Resilient Scale for the heavy lifting to make this happen! Expect more news on this soon, and if you’re interested in contributing/feedback, please let us know.
Also, CF Summit is going virtual. Here’s the full story.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Here’s a nice blog post on the current state of cf-for-K8s.
- CF Backup & Restore has been accepted into incubation in the Extensions PMC! Congrats Vlad and everyone on the team. Here’s the repository and the proposal.
- There is an opening for PMC Lead for the Extensions PMC, as Dr. Max is stepping down after 4 years of excellent service. Thank you Dr. Max!
- Networking team cut cf-networking-release v2.29.0 and silk-release v2.29.0, announced here. They also cut routing-release v0.200.0, announced here.
- Stratos released v3.1.0, announced here.
- A v7 CLI Release Plan was announced.
- The Release Integration team requests review for scope of CF-Deployment v13.0. Doc here.
- There were conversations surrounding CRDs and Cloud Foundry here and here.
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call video from April 28th is up. Primary focus: UAA. There was also a conversation started on Cloud Foundry content migration, with a doc started here.
- Bits service is being removed from cf-deployment.
- The Release Integration team is no longer testing CATs on bosh-lite.
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Don’t hesitate to check out the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are stepping up and sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)
All things Cloud Foundry Summit:
- As mentioned above, CF Summit is going virtual. Looking forward to it! Fingers crossed for an in-person event in Dublin this October.
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on May 12
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on May 12
- AMA Monthly call – 8:00 AM on May 19
- CF CAB call – 8:00 AM on May 20
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/
Interesting Finds from Around the Web:
Check out the jobs board https://www.cloudfoundry.org/cf-jobs/
- SAP Cloud Platform is hiring https://twitter.com/voelzmo/status/1240626439898136578
- Resilient Scale is looking for folks with experience in Cloud Foundry and Concourse: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/join-our-team-resilient-scale-steve-greenberg/?published=t
- Anynines is looking for SysAdmins, Cloud Platform Engineers, and Software Developers: https://www.anynines.com/career
- Aerospace is hiring software engineers for agile projects in Southern California and the DC area. Also hiring embedded software engineers and security experts: https://aerospace.org/careers
- The UK’s Government Digital Service is hiring, including at least one specific Cloud Foundry role: https://jobs.jobvite.com/gds/job/osSxcfwN
- VMware is hiring! Across many business units, but for the business unit specifically contributing to Cloud Foundry, your search should include “MAPBU” https://careers.vmware.com/main/jobs?page=1&keywords=MAPBU&sortBy=relevance
- 18F is hiring https://join.tts.gsa.gov/
- ITQ is looking for for a Platform Engineer and Developer with CF experience itq.eu/careers