From the Last Few Weeks:
- Here’s an introduction to the newly incubating CF Backup and Restore Plugin.
- CF-deployment v13.0.0 was released. More info here in the PMC notes.
- KubeCF v2.2.0 was released. More here.
- CF-for-K8s v0.2.0 alpha was released. More here.
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call video is up from May 12. Focus for this week was integrating with CRDs. There are some ongoing conversations about this on cf-dev here and here. For wider information about this project check out the #cf-for-k8s slack channel.
- Pablo Schuhmacher (VMware) is the new project lead for UAA.
- There have been a few project name changes in the Runtime PMC you may want to note:
- Garden-Windows is now officially Windows Containers.
- Diego Persistence (Persi) is now officially Volume Services.
- Loggregator is now officially Logging and Metrics.
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Don’t hesitate to check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)
All things Cloud Foundry Summit:
- As mentioned above, the schedule for CF NA Summit, which will be held virtually on June 24th and June 25th at US Central Time, was announced last week. If you are interested in running a hands-on lab or demo, read this.
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- AMA Monthly call – 8:00 AM on May 19
- CF CAB call – 8:00 AM on May 20
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on May 26
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on May 26
- CF Operators SIG call – 8:00 AM on May 27
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/
Interesting Finds from Around the Web: