From the Last Few Weeks:
- Cloud Foundry Summit was last week! The majority of Summit sessions are now freely available on YouTube, so, whether you attended Summit or not, you can catch up on much of what you missed at your own pace.
- There was a proposal to rename the primary branch on CF repositories, with some discussion and seeming consensus on the matter.
- Troy Topnik (SUSE) has taken over as lead for the Extensions PMC.
- Mario Manno (SUSE) has been nominated for, and will take over as, project lead for the Quarks project.
- The Perm project has been retired and associated repositories have been moved to the attic.
- CF CLI v7 has hit GA! And there was much rejoicing: blog post here, cf-dev post here. Congratulations to the current CLI team and everyone who has worked towards this!
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Looking for a job? Don’t hesitate to check out the jobs board and the #jobs channel in our community slack; folks are sharing the job openings in our community.
(And if you are hiring, please do share the info in that channel.)
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on July 7
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on July 7
- CF CAB call – 8:00 AM on July 15
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/
Interesting Finds from Around the Web:
- Schedule for Kubecon EU: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-europe/program/schedule/