SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – Oct 6, 2015) – Cloud Foundry Foundation , home of the industry standard Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), today is announcing the program, sessions and keynotes for Cloud Foundry Summit Europe . The Summit takes place November 2-3, 2015, at Andel’s Hotel in Berlin.
“Cloud Foundry community contributions and platform investments in Europe represent a significant portion of our ecosystem and they continue to grow,” said Cloud Foundry Vice President of Technology Chip Childers. “We’re excited to bring everyone together at the upcoming Summit in Berlin to share our stories and innovate together. Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of microservices, containers, and cloud native application platforms, and how to apply them to their business needs.”
Hundreds of application developers, IT operations experts, technical managers, business leaders, service providers and project contributors are expected to attend the Summit. Over the course of 2 days, they will collaborate with peers, gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry product roadmaps, training and tutorials; and see how organizations around the world are using Cloud Foundry to support continuous innovation, unleash developers and deliver application portability.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Cornelia Davis, Director of Platform Engineering at VMware: How Platform Operational Roles Enable Devops
- Sam Ramji, CEO at Cloud Foundry Foundation: The Industry Standard for Cloud Native Applications
- Colin Humphreys, CEO at CloudCredo: Changing the Enterprise
- James Watters, Vice President of the Cloud Platform Group at VMware, and Joshua McKenty, Field CTO at VMware: Welcome to the Cloud Native Enterprise
- Tim Savage, Co-Founder at Armakuni: Can You Trust Cloud Foundry to Save a Life? To Save 10,000?
- Diego Lapiduz, 18F Software Engineer for GSA: Building a Platform for Government Innovation
- Brian Gallagher, President of the Cloud Management Division for EMC: Building a Cloud Foundry Dojo: A Model for Open Source Communities
- Daniel Otte, Head of Platform Engineering at Springer Nature and Simon Johansson, Engineer at Springer Nature:
- From Zero to Hero
User spotlights include:
- Comic Relief
- Fidelity International
- Springer Nature
Developer tracks include:
- Cloud Foundry for Windows Developers
- Continuous Delivery with Cloud Foundry
- Cloud Foundry 100-day Challenge: Deploy 100 OSS Apps on Cloud Foundry
- Industrial Scale for the Industrial Internet: Building a Time Series Service on the Cloud Foundry Platform
- Better Microservice Application Using New Cloud Foundry Features
- Making the Improbable Possible: Dev Design Paring with Cloud Foundry
- SAP and Cloud Foundry: Love at Second Sight
- Get That One or Two Extra Features for Your Cloud Foundry
Operations tracks include:
- Deploy Your First Cloud Foundry App on Azure
- What is BOSH? Why Do I Need It?
- Whose Metric Is It Anyway?
- Cloud Foundry Security Overview
- Running Cloud Foundry at Swisscom
- The 7 Stages of BOSH
- From IaaS to App with concourse.ci
Attendees also can attend one of three pre-conference training sessions:
- Cloud Foundry for Beginners
- Microservices on Cloud Foundry: Going Cloud Native
- Operating a Platform: BOSH and Everything Else
For more information and to register for the Summit, visit: http://berlin2015.cfsummit.com/.
SAP is the Host Sponsor for Cloud Foundry Summit Europe. Other sponsors include (Diamond) EMC and VMware; (Platinum) HP; (Gold) Anynines, CloudCredo, Cloudsoft, IBM, Mimacom and Swisscom; and (Silver) Altoros.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the global industry standard for open Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: https://www.cloudfoundry.org.