Cloud Foundry Summit NA is quickly approaching, and the Foundation staff is working overtime to get everything pulled together. I look forward to seeing you at the Boston Convention Center, April 18-20th. Be sure to register so you can take full advantage of the activities we have happening this year.
Additional Features at Boston Summit
We recently announced some exciting additions to the keynote stage. Our line-up includes Google, SUSE, T-Mobile, Zipcar, and Cloud Foundry Project leads Molly Crowther and Zach Robinson. Additionally, there will be a panel discussion featuring end users Allianz, American Airlines, Boeing, Comcast, and Zipcar, which will be moderated by TechCrunch’s Ron Miller. We will also host a Diversity Luncheon, sponsored by Google and Cognizant, which will feature a special screening of Eighty Twenty: The Gender Pay Gap Exposed, the first episode of docuseries The Chasing Grace Project.
Pre-Summit Activities in Boston
We have a full line-up of specialized activities leading up to Summit — and a few are almost sold out.
- CFCamp (Cloud Foundry Unconference, Tuesday April 17, 2018) – An unconference for users, consultants, vendors, entrepreneurs, developers, operators and ISVs in the Cloud Foundry Community. This is an open meet-up to have your voice heard!
- Cloud Foundry User Day (Wednesday April 18, 2018) – A day-long unconference event that brings together Cloud Foundry end users across a variety of industries to share ideas, best practices, and lessons learned.
- Hackathon (Wednesday April 18, 2018) – Build interesting prototypes to extend CF functionality where it has never gone before! Come with a team or come on your own and find a team during the event. Top three teams receive awesome prizes, and first place will be announced on stage during the Friday morning keynotes.
- Training (Wednesday April 18, 2018) – A plethora of options await you at NA Summit! From Cloud Foundry for Beginners to Cloud-Native .NET to Microservices on Cloud Foundry, there’s a training for everyone. Find out which one is the best fit for you.
- ISV Day (Wednesday April 18, 2018) – An opportunity for engineers in the Cloud Foundry ISV ecosystem to connect with Cloud Foundry project experts. This event is open to ISVs of all shapes and sizes. Presentations on partnering opportunities, 1:1 discussions, and an open Q&A are all on the docket for this event.
Cloud Foundry Foundation Member Meet-Up
Join the Cloud Foundry Foundation at Boston Summit for a Members Only Happy Hour during the Welcome Reception & Booth Crawl in The Foundry. I will be there along with Chip, Devin, Swarna, Michelle, and our colleagues at the Foundation. Come chat with us, express your thoughts on the direction of the project, and ask us anything!
Free Cloud Foundry Certified Developer Offering
Members are invited to take advantage of our newest Member Benefit until the end of the year. Cloud Foundry Foundation members are eligible to receive three free Cloud Foundry Certified Developer eLearning and Certification Exam bundles. To take advantage of this opportunity, reach out to Michelle McManus for your Cloud Foundry Certified Developer coupon codes.
A Few Articles Worth Sharing
- Learning about Cost of Delay at Cloud Foundry Boston Summit, Dan Young, EngineerBetter
- Learning About Cloud Foundry in the Enterprise at Cloud Foundry Summit, Sara Lenz, Anynines
- Learning About Istio, Kubernetes and Container Runtime at Cloud Foundry Summit, Dustin Bennett, The Home Depot
- Hands-on Labs at Cloud Foundry Summit Boston, Steve Greenberg, Resilient Scale
- Learning about the Gender Pay Gap at Cloud Foundry Summit Boston, Caitlyn O’Connell, Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Chip Childers talks about the Cloud Foundry Foundation, Ian Murphy, Enterprise Times
- Cloud.gov Open-Source Platform Speeds Development, Requirements Process, Abby Kearns, FedWeek
- The role of container management software in IT ops, Alan R. Earls, TechTarget
- Open Platforms Can Speed up Government Shift to Cloud, Abby Kearns, FedWeek