Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Cloud Foundry Summit in Philadelphia, our second Summit on the east coast. I hope you had a fantastic time meeting others in the community and listening to some of the fascinating talks and demos from our users and members.
Here are some of the highlights from our announcements at Summit:
Project Eirini is Ready for Early Adoption + Certified SIs
We were thrilled to announce Project Eirini is now passing the core functional tests that validate Cloud Foundry Application Runtime releases, and moving quickly to production readiness. We also announced Accenture and HCL are the first two Certified Systems Integrators, following the program’s launch in October at the European Summit.
New Global Survey: Adaptation, Not Adoption, is the Key to Digital Transformation
We published a report based on our latest global research and announced key findings on stage at Summit. The data shows that companies are more confident than ever in cloud, with a majority putting most of their mission critical apps in the cloud. Read how adaptation to constant change is the only way forward in the latest report.
For the full press release, including members’ news, go here.
The Netherlands in September!
- Deadline to submit to the CFP is May 31, 2019. If you have questions, reach out to Devin Davis.
- Our sponsorship prospectus is live! Reach out to Kimberly Andrews with questions on the benefits of sponsoring EU Summit.
A Few Articles Worth Sharing
- TechCrunch, Frederic Lardinois: Cloud Foundry [Hearts] Kubernetes
- TechRepublic, Matt Asay: Cloud Foundry’s embrace of Kubernetes is business as usual, not a “demise”
- The New Stack, Alex Williams: With Project Eirini, Cloud Foundry Adapts to a New Open Source Ecosystem
- ZDNet, Joe McKendrick: In software development, empathy becomes a priority
- DICE, Nate Swanner: Cloud Now Houses Most ’Mission Critical’ Apps: Study
- IT Pro Today, Nicole Henderson: How Comcast Empowers Developers with Open Source
- SDxCentral, Dan Meyer: Could Knative Follow Kubernetes in Shaping Cloud Foundry’s Future?
- SiliconANGLE, R. Danes: Businesses must beware shiny pennies in the rush to the cloud
- The New Stack: Context: 12-Factor Serverless Apps, Cloud Foundry Summit Philadelphia