I’ve just returned from Seattle where I attended my final event of the year: KubeCon + CloudNativeCon. We held a Cloud Foundry Day on the first day of the event, which was a huge success. For those of you able to attend, it was great to see you.
The Foundation will be closed December 24th through January 4th. Please reach out to me or our team if you need anything beforehand.
The Technology Speaks for Itself!
Last week at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, we announced our latest report What’s Driving Companies to the Cloud. One of the more interesting data points in the report, was that over half of respondents are now developing more than 60 percent of their applications in the cloud. As companies become more comfortable with cloud native technologies, they broaden their usage these technologies – enforcing a virtuous cycle of adoption. Download the report or read the press release.
Read coverage of the report:
- Enterprise Tech: Cloud Comfort Level is Growing, Survey Finds
- Information Age: Maturity of technology is spurring cloud adoption, more than business drivers or culture change
- IT Business Edge: Acquiring the Right Cloud Skills Will Be Major Challenge for IT in 2019
- Network World: Kubernetes vendors target container security, operations and management
- TechRepublic: Improved understanding and familiarity of cloud drives adoption, survey shows
- The New Stack: Add It Up: Enterprise Adoption of Kubernetes Is Growing
Have You Seen This Video?
Watch Chip Childers explain three new Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes integrations. He dives into the details of Cloud Foundry Container Runtime, Eirini and CF Containerization and describes a future where you can use them all together.
Congratulations to Envoy!
Last week, CNCF announced Envoy’s graduation–making it the third project to achieve this distinction. We are big fans of Envoy; in fact we’ve been shipping it with Cloud Foundry Application Runtime since early this year. This is another example of how the Cloud Foundry technical community continues to curate the best technologies from the broader open source ecosystem into a cohesive platform experience. Read Chip’s post.
Summit Sponsorships Available
We’ve expanded our sponsorship tiers to include a Diamond level! Thank you to Comcast and Pivotal for your support. You can download the prospectus and reach out directly to Kimberly Andrews to discuss Sponsorship opportunities. Spots are still available at our Platinum level.
A special thank you to our newest Silver Members, Atomist and Zettaset, for sponsoring our Philadelphia Summit. It’s great to have you as part of the Cloud Foundry community.
What the Kubernetes Consolidations Mean for the Future of Cloud Native
Chip and I discussed the implications of the recent acquisitions in the cloud native space in an article on The New Stack. Read on to see how this ties back to multi-cloud.
The Three Telltale Signs Your Company Needs to Change
I just published a new article on how to recognize it’s time to embrace a cloud native mindset, what you can do to prepare for the coming shift, and why culture change is the most overlooked part of digital transformation.
A Few More Articles Worth Sharing
- Chip and I made predictions for 2019 for ComputerWeekly and Data Centre Review Magazine
- Chip’s vision for the industry in 2019 on TheStack.com
- I sat down with App Developer Magazine to talk about open source
- I recently wrote about Boeing and Kaiserwetter, two organizations that are using Cloud Foundry to transform the world we live in.
- Linux.com published an interview with me on Cloud Foundry, Cloud Native, and Entering a Multi-Platform World with Abby Kearns
- Chip spoke to IT Business Edge about How to Identify the Top Digital Transformation Consulting Companies
Happy Holidays to all of you and see you in 2019!