Cloud Foundry Summit NA is just two weeks away and we at the Foundation are working overtime to get everything pulled together. I’m really looking forward to seeing you in Philadelphia.
Remember to register so you can take full advantage of the activities happening this year.
Need an extra reason to attend Summit? Read this fantastic post on why everyone — from CIOs to operators — should attend.
Keynotes start at 3:30 PM on April 2nd!
I can’t wait for you to hear the amazing stories from our keynote speakers, including folks from Charles Schwab, c-com, Dick’s Sporting Goods, The Home Depot, T-mobile and others. I’ll be hosting a fireside chat with Comcast’s Rick Rioboli, SVP & CIO; Nithya Ruff, Sr. Director, Open Source Practice; and Mike Crisafulli, SVP, Platform & Product Services.
Special Activities at Summit
Join me on Thursday at our Diversity Luncheon, sponsored by Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) and IBM Cloud, which will feature a very special line-up of diverse speakers discussing their unique experiences navigating the tech and open source industries.
We recently announced an exciting addition: our first-ever Contributors Summit. This is a fantastic opportunity for open source contributors to help shape the future of the project and of our community development. Registration is required and ends March 27th.
We have a full line-up of specialized activities, including:
- Cloud Foundry Unconference (Monday April 1, 2019) – An unconference for users, consultants, vendors, entrepreneurs, developers, operators and ISVs in the Cloud Foundry Community. This is an open meet-up to have your voice heard!
- Cloud Foundry User Day (Tuesday April 2, 2019) – An unconference event that brings together Cloud Foundry end users across a variety of industries to share ideas, best practices, and lessons learned. Please respect this user-only environment.
- Hackathon (Tuesday April 2, 2019) – Come with a team or come on your own and find a team during the event. Top three teams receive awesome prizes, and first place will be announced on stage during the Thursday morning keynotes.
- Cloud Foundry For Beginners Training (Tuesday April 2, 2019) – A hands-on training workshop to learn about deploying and managing applications on Cloud Foundry.
- BOSH and Everything Else Training (Tuesday April 2, 2019) – We’ll provide an operational overview of Cloud Foundry and data services, and how these can be deployed with the cluster orchestration tool, “BOSH.”
Welcome to our newest Silver members
We just announced that Atomist, LogDNA, SkySilk Cloud Services and Zettaset have all joined as Silver Members since November 2018. Through their membership, these companies demonstrate commitment to working with the Foundation and the community, and we couldn’t be happier to have them involved.
Empathy in open source — and everywhere
Take a few minutes to read Denise Yu’s awesome article on why empathy is crucial to the open source ethos, and how it impacts your bottom line in extremely positive ways. And make sure to catch her talk at Summit!
- 6 Must-Attend Talks at Cloud Foundry Summit on Serverless, Knative, Microservices (written by a member!)
- My take on why more companies are excited about open source
- More of my thoughts on where emerging technologies intersect with the enterprise
A Few Articles Worth Sharing
- CIODive spoke with me on “With Cloud Basics Covered, Organizations Embrace The Disruption Of Open Source”
- Chip’s take on the key to DevOps transformation
- Read about how Air France-KLM is using Cloud Foundry
- A recap of my panel at IBM Think on ITPro Today