Hello Fall! Hard to believe Cloud Foundry Summit is behind us. We are looking forward to 2020 and what the future holds.
Hot Off the Press! Climbing Up the Stack
This week we announced the newest Cloud Foundry Global Perception Study. According to the research, as enterprise IT and cloud environments become more complex, developers are taking enterprise development strategies into their own hands, adding levels of abstraction and decreasing complexity. Not only that, but PaaS usage is up again, while container usage is leveling out. Download the report to see what more than 500 IT decision makers around the world have to say.
We’re Hosting Serverless Practitioners Summit @ KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
Join us and the Cloud Foundry community at the Serverless Practitioners Summit, a special Day 0 event co-located at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon on Monday, November 18, 9AM- 5PM, at the San Diego Convention Center. We’re co-hosting this event with CNCF to unite the serverless community and present end users with comprehensive strategies to understand serverless in a cloud native context. Don’t forget to sign up when you register for KubeCon+CloudNativeCon!
User Story Spotlight: Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente started using Cloud Foundry by deploying internal apps and has now taken on more complex, member-facing apps and services. Read the full user story about how the newer Cloud Foundry OCI layered file system features and runtime adjustments have improved thread management and are very useful in reducing CPU spikes.
Q3 Cloud Foundry Release Notes Report
Read about all of the amazing work our project teams have accomplished during the third quarter of 2019 in our latest installment of release notes blogs.
A Few Articles Worth Sharing
- ZDnet: Has Container Hype Jumped The Shark
- App Developer Magazine: Why developers want to reduce complexity
- Digitizing Polaris: Why developers rule in a multi-cloud world — Cloud Foundry Foundation study
- IT Ops Times: Report: IT professionals turn to tools to reduce cloud complexities
- DevOps.com: Survey: IT Striking Balance Between Innovation, Reliability
- The New Stack: Why SAP’s Support For Cloud Foundry is Indefinite
- Techzine: Cloud Foundry Must Navigate Wild Water
- ComputerWorld: UBS Provides Insight into the Cloud strategy