The big news this week is the launch of Paketo Buildpacks! New name, new website, new GitHub org, newly Cloud Native Buildpack-compliant, same old CF-compatibility, convenience, and ease of use. Read Chip’s post here and the Paketo team’s here.
From the Last Few Weeks:
- Cf-for-K8s released v0.1.0. Announced here.
- KubeCF released v2.0.0. Announced here.
- CF CLI released v6.51.0 Announced here.
- CAB call video from April 15 is up. Features good conversation about changes at the Cloud Foundry Foundation, the upcoming Cloud Foundry Summit, Paketo Buildpacks, and an introduction to the new Cloud Foundry tutorials site (to be formally launched later this month).
- VMware has nominated Pablo Schuhmacher for the new lead of the UAA team.
- Interesting conversation here about a CRD and accompanying controller for CF-on-K8s.
- Have a question for the staff at Cloud Foundry Foundation? Want to stay current with updates for the Foundation? Join the #cff-forum channel on the community Slack.
- Do you miss the water cooler conversations? Hop on to the Cloud Foundry Break Room if you would like to hang out with your peers from the community. Please note that the Cloud Foundry Code of Conduct applies here as well.
All things Cloud Foundry Summit:
- Stay tuned for some forthcoming news on Cloud Foundry North American Summit.
Dates To Remember (All times US Pacific):
- CF Operators SIG call – 8:00 AM on April 22
- CF Extensions PMC Meeting – 11:00 AM on April 27
- CF for Kubernetes SIG call – 8:30 AM on April 28
- Bi-Weekly CF App Runtime PMC meeting – 10:30 AM on April 28
Check the community calendar for updates and meeting details here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/
Interesting Finds from Around the Web:
Check out the jobs board https://www.cloudfoundry.org/cf-jobs/
- SAP Cloud Platform is hiring https://twitter.com/voelzmo/status/1240626439898136578
- Resilient Scale is looking for folks with experience in Cloud Foundry and Concourse: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/join-our-team-resilient-scale-steve-greenberg/?published=t
- Anynines is looking for SysAdmins, Cloud Platform Engineers, and Software Developers: https://www.anynines.com/career
- Aerospace is hiring software engineers for agile projects in Southern California and the DC area. Also hiring embedded software engineers and security experts: https://aerospace.org/careers
- The UK’s Government Digital Service is hiring, including at least one specific Cloud Foundry role: https://jobs.jobvite.com/gds/job/osSxcfwN
- VMware is hiring! Across many business units, but for the business unit specifically contributing to Cloud Foundry, your search should include “MAPBU” https://careers.vmware.com/main/jobs?page=1&keywords=MAPBU&sortBy=relevance
Looking for an industry event to attend or to submit a speaking proposal? We put together a helpful calendar of events for 2020: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=Y2xvdWRmb3VuZHJ5Lm9yZ181Yjg2a2dobzkwdmNqOWtncDE3cjljYjh1c0Bncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t