APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who applied, we are at capacity for this workshop.
Please note: this page is only for information purposes. RSVPs here will not be honored on the day. Please use the application form to request a spot.
After our recent hiatus, LOPUG is back and we are on a mission to help spread the platform word. We are working with two of our sponsors, Pivotal and EngineerBetter to deliver the “Cloud Foundry for Beginners: From Zero to Hero” training course and we are reaching out to educate people that identify as underrepresented minorities URM) in technology.
Join us for a hands-on training workshop to learn about deploying and managing applications on Cloud Foundry. We will give an overview of Cloud Foundry and how it works, including specifics relating to services, buildpacks, and architecture. We will also look at how to effectively work with Cloud Foundry in your organisation.
This training is targeted at people with little or no Cloud Foundry experience but some experience delivering web-based applications. If you’re curious to learn how Cloud Foundry can help you focus on development and innovation, rather than infrastructure plumbing, this is the right course for you.
All participants should have a basic understanding of at least one programming language. We welcome applicants who have never worked professionally as a software engineer, but we expect that you have built at least one web or mobile application without following a tutorial, perhaps as part of a bootcamp, FreeCodeCamp, etc.
– Linux, Windows or OS X (all 64bit)
– 1GB of FREE RAM
– Ability to install software
– Code editor of choice
– “Curl” utility (for Windows: https://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
Attendees must be proficient in English to participate in the training course.
**How can you participate?**
– If you identify as an underrepresented minority in technology, please complete the registration form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScc507XlsbK6V9BIPDeVpynbfq3q9pz6m5wAGbIGIXAreJGIg/viewform .
Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
– If you know someone who identifies as a URM who you think could benefit from this training, please direct them to the registration form
– If you have knowledge of Cloud Foundry and would be willing to help support this effort and grow our platform community, please contact the meetup organisers and offer your support as a Teaching Assistant
**How do you define URM?**
We define URM as anyone who identifies as one (or more) of the following:
– non-white / not Caucasian
– not male
– registered disabled
– not heterosexual
– not cisgender
If you are uncertain whether you meet these criteria, please get in touch.
– Lunch, drinks and snacks will be provided
– Free childcare will be provided but must be requested in advance when completing the registration form