CVE-2018-1265: Diego does not properly sanitize file paths in tar/zip files
Cloud Foundry Foundation
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
- You are using diego-release versions prior to 2.8.0
- You are using cf-deployment versions prior to v1.37.0
Cloud Foundry Diego, release versions prior to 2.8.0, does not properly sanitize file paths in tar and zip files headers. A remote attacker with CF admin privileges can upload a malicious buildpack that will allow a complete takeover of a Diego Cell VM and access to all apps running on that Diego Cell.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigations or upgrades:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- diego-release version 2.8.0
- cf-deployment version v1.37.0
This issue was responsibly reported by M. Hanselmann.
2018-06-05: Initial vulnerability report published.