Allianz, Bosch, Fidelity, Rakuten, Siemens, Volkswagen and the Dutch Government, among others, share best practices at European event
SAN FRANCISCO AND FRANKFURT – September 26, 2016 – Cloud Foundry Foundation, home of the industry-standard multi-cloud platform, today kicked off the sold-out Cloud Foundry Summit Europe in Frankfurt, Germany, bringing together the world’s largest organizations to discuss new ways to leverage multi-cloud and IoT strategies to accelerate business growth and innovation.
More than 700 businesses, developers and vendors from across Europe will share best practices and hear senior executives from leading organizations like Allianz, Bosch, Fidelity, Siemens, Volkswagen, Rakuten and the Dutch Government describe how Cloud Foundry has helped them build and deploy robust, resilient and flexible cloud native applications across multiple cloud platforms.
“It is thrilling to see Cloud Foundry at the heart of IoT strategies from industry leaders such as Allianz, Bosch, and Volkswagen,” said Sam Ramji, CEO, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “Cloud Foundry’s architecture is perfectly suited for IoT development in a continuous delivery environment. Cloud Foundry Summit attendees will be able to see firsthand how others are leveraging multi-cloud models to deliver apps faster than ever before.”
Participants are also getting a first look at news announced by Cloud Foundry members at Summit including:
- SAP has opened the first Dojo in Germany in Walldorf
- Stark and Wayne has opened a new European office and hired software and Cloud Foundry veteran, Ferran Rodenas
- Iron.io now supports Diego for workloads on Cloud Foundry – bringing a multi-cloud, serverless experience to enterprises
- anynines’ PaaS now supports multi-region – allowing users to run applications in different regions with or without Amazon Web Services
“As a platinum member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, we are excited about the opening of our new Dojo lab at the SAP headquarters in Walldorf, which marks another important milestone in our ongoing work with the community,” said Björn Goerke, executive vice president and corporate officer, SAP Product & Innovation Technology, SAP SE. “The Dojo lab is the first to open in Germany and will help provide an innovative development center for the Cloud Foundry community in Europe. Additionally, the certification of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform shows our ongoing commitment to delivering an open public cloud platform for customers and partners to run their business in the cloud.”
The Summit comes amid significant progress in the project and strong community growth, including:
- Five new members joined the Foundation including Bosch, Acetti Software, Comcast, Hexad, and QIO.
- Cloud Foundry Foundation launched Cloud Foundry Days, summit-style educational events hosted by EMC, GE, HPE, TIBCO and Fujitsu across the Asia-Pacific region in Sydney, Melbourne, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- Cloud Foundry Foundation introduced Special Interest Groups (SIGs), small groups focused on core initiatives around the Internet of Things, financial services and service providers.
- Cloud Foundry Foundation released training and education material, developed and donated by VMware®, under the Apache open source licensing model, giving anyone the ability to use the materials to become more proficient on Cloud Foundry.
Latest Certified PaaS members
Cisco’s Containerized CF is the latest offering to join the Cloud Foundry Certified PaaS program, the industry’s only certification program designed to establish reliable portability across PaaS products in multi-vendor, multi-cloud environments. Cisco joins a trusted group of certified products that include HPE Helion Cloud Foundry, Huawei FusionStage, IBM Bluemix, VMware Cloud Foundry, SAP HANA® Cloud Platform, Atos Cloud Foundry, GE Predix and Swisscom Application Cloud.
“Cisco, as well as our partners and customers, are rapidly adopting open source strategies,” said Ken Owens Cisco CTO, Cloud Native Platforms. “Reliability across multi-cloud environments and customer choice are among the many reasons Cloud Foundry, as well as our other investments in open source, support rapid application development and deployment. Having achieved certification to leverage our containerization work on Containerized CF is important to Cisco’s open source goals and supports our customers’ requests.”
Cloud Foundry is collectively developed by Cisco, EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, VMware, SAP, VMware and leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform (GCP), OpenStack, VMware vSphere, SoftLayer and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
Cloud Foundry Foundation membership has grown to more than 60 vendor and end user organizations worldwide.
Check out the new video on how organizations are managing multi-cloud environments using #CloudFoundry: http://bit.ly/2djTpj9
Click to Tweet: http://ctt.ec/yH1ZM
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry-standard multi-cloud platform. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on GitHub: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: https://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Cloud Foundry Foundation