- libfreetype6 2.5.2-1ubuntu2.5 – FreeType 2 is a font engine library
It was discovered that FreeType did not correctly handle certain malformed font files. If a user were tricked into using a specially crafted font file, a remote attacker could cause FreeType to crash or hang, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly expose uninitialized memory.
Affected Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- BOSH: All versions of Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells prior to v3094 are vulnerable to the aforementioned CVEs.
- Cloud Foundry Runtime: all versions of cf-release prior to 219 are vulnerable to the aforementioned CVEs.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry Deployments using BOSH stemcell v3093 or earlier upgrade to v3094 or later, which contain the patched versions of the Linux kernel to resolve the aforementioned CVE.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry Deployments using cf-release 218 or lower upgrade to 219 or higher to resolve the aforementioned CVEs.