- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Bind could be made to crash if it received specially crafted network traffic.
Tony Finch and Marco Davids discovered that Bind incorrectly handled certain responses containing a DNAME answer. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause Bind to crash, resulting in a denial of service.
Affected Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- All versions prior to 3151.5
- 3233.x versions prior to 3233.6
- 3263.x versions prior to 3263.12
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.7
- All other versions
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to v.1.90.0
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry team recommends upgrading to the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade all lower versions of 3151.x to version 3151.5
- Upgrade all lower versions of 3233.x to version 3233.6
- Upgrade all lower versions of 3263.x to version 3263.12
- Upgrade all lower versions of 3312.x to version 3312.7
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 v.1.90.0 or later versions
Tony Finch, Marco Davids