USN-3205-1: tcpdump vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
It was discovered that tcpdump incorrectly handled certain packets. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause tcpdump to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
In the default installation, attackers would be isolated by the tcpdump AppArmor profile.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3151.x versions prior to 3151.11
- 3233.x versions prior to 3233.14
- 3263.x versions prior to 3263.20
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.20
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.9
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to v1.103.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry team recommends upgrading to the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3151.x versions to 3151.11 or later
- Upgrade 3233.x versions to 3233.14 or later
- Upgrade 3263.x versions to 3263.20 or later
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to 3312.20 or later
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.9 or later
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 v1.103.00 or later versions