USN-3237-1: FreeType vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that FreeType did not correctly handle certain malformed font files. If a user were tricked into using a specially crafted font file, a remote attacker could cause FreeType to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3151.x versions prior to 3151.14
- 3233.x versions prior to 3233.16
- 3263.x versions prior to 3263.22
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.22
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.14
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.109.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3151.x versions to 3151.14 or later
- Upgrade 3233.x versions to 3233.16 or later
- Upgrade 3263.x versions to 3263.22 or later
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to 3312.22 or later
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.14 or later
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 versions 1.109.0 or later.