USN-3323-1: GNU C Library vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that the GNU C library did not properly handle memory when processing environment variables for setuid programs. A local attacker could use this in combination with another vulnerability to gain administrative privileges.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3263.x versions prior to 3263.28
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.29
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.26
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.9
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.133.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3263.x versions prior to 3263.28
- Upgrade 3312.x versions prior to 3312.29
- Upgrade 3363.x versions prior to 3363.26
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.9
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.133.0 or later.