USN-3346-2: Bind regression
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-3346-1 fixed vulnerabilities in Bind. The fix for CVE-2017-3142 introduced a regression in the ability to receive an AXFR or IXFR in the case where TSIG is used and not every message is signed. This update fixes the problem.
In addition, this update adds the new root zone key signing key (KSK).
Original advisory details:
Clément Berthaux discovered that Bind did not correctly check TSIG authentication for zone update requests. An attacker could use this to improperly perform zone updates. (CVE-2017-3143)
Clément Berthaux discovered that Bind did not correctly check TSIG authentication for zone transfer requests. An attacker could use this to improperly transfer entire zones. (CVE-2017-3142)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.38
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.37
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.26
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.156.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to 3312.38
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.37
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.26
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.156.0 or later.