USN-3353-1: Heimdal vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Jeffrey Altman, Viktor Dukhovni, and Nicolas Williams discovered that Heimdal clients incorrectly trusted unauthenticated portions of Kerberos tickets. A remote attacker could use this to impersonate trusted network services or perform other attacks.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.138.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- Upgrade 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.138.0 or later.