USN-3457-1: curl vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Brian Carpenter discovered that curl incorrectly handled IMAP FETCH response lines. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.163.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.163.0 or later.