USN-3458-1: ICU vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that ICU incorrectly handled certain inputs. If an application using ICU processed crafted data, a remote attacker could possibly cause it to crash or potentially execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user invoking the program.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.164.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.164.0 or later.