USN-3478-1: Perl vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Jakub Wilk discovered that Perl incorrectly handled certain regular expressions. An attacker could use this issue to cause Perl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-12837, CVE-2017-12883)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.168.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.168.0 or later.