USN-3535-1: Bind vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Jayachandran Palanisamy discovered that the Bind resolver incorrectly handled fetch cleanup sequencing. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause Bind to crash, resulting in a denial of service.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.51
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.48
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.38
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.24
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.19
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.181.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to 3312.51
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.48
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.38
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.24
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.19
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.181.0 or later.