USN-3543-1: rsync vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that rsync incorrectly handled certain data input. An attacker could possibly use this to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-16548)
It was discovered that rsync incorrectly parsed certain arguments. An attacker could possibly use this to bypass arguments and execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-5764)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.49
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.39
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.25
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.22
- All other stemcells not listed.
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.49
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.39
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.25
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.22
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.