USN-3598-1: curl vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Phan Thanh discovered that curl incorrectly handled certain FTP paths. An attacker could use this to cause a denial of service or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-1000120)
Dario Weisser discovered that curl incorrectly handled certain LDAP URLs. An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2018-1000121)
Max Dymond discovered that curl incorrectly handled certain RTSP data. An attacker could possibly use this to cause a denial of service or even to get access to sensitive data. (CVE-2018-1000122)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.52
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.44
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.30
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.28
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.10
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.191.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.52
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.44
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.30
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.28
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.10
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.191.0 or later.