USN-3628-1: OpenSSL vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Alejandro Cabrera Aldaya, Billy Brumley, Cesar Pereida Garcia and Luis Manuel Alvarez Tapia discovered that OpenSSL incorrectly handled RSA key generation. An attacker could possibly use this issue to perform a cache-timing attack and recover private RSA keys.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.60
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.56
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.42
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.41
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.24
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.5
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.201.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.60
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.56
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.42
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.41
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.24
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.5
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.201.0 or later.