USN-3658-1: procps-ng vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that the procps-ng top utility incorrectly read its configuration file from the current working directory. A local attacker could possibly use this issue to escalate privileges. (CVE-2018-1122)
It was discovered that the procps-ng ps tool incorrectly handled memory. A local user could possibly use this issue to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2018-1123)
It was discovered that libprocps incorrectly handled the file2strvec() function. A local attacker could possibly use this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-1124)
It was discovered that the procps-ng pgrep utility incorrectly handled memory. A local attacker could possibly use this issue to cause de denial of service. (CVE-2018-1125)
It was discovered that procps-ng incorrectly handled memory. A local attacker could use this issue to cause a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-1126)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.64
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.64
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.49
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.47
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.30
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.16
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.210.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.64
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.64
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.49
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.47
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.30
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.16
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.210.0 or later.