USN-3712-1: libpng vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Patrick Keshishian discovered that libpng incorrectly handled certain PNG files. An attacker could possibly use this to cause a denial of service. This issue only affected Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. (CVE-2016-10087)
Thuan Pham discovered that libpng incorrectly handled certain PNG files. An attacker could possibly use this to cause a denial of service. This issue only affected Ubuntu 17.10 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. (CVE-2018-13785)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2016-10087, CVE-2018-13785
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.26
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.36
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.54
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.54
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.69
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.68
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.226.0
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.7.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.26
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.36
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.54
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.54
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.69
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.68
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.226.0 or later.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.7.0 or later.