USN-3762-2: Linux kernel (HWE) vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
USN-3762-1 fixed vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. This update provides the corresponding updates for the Linux Hardware Enablement (HWE) kernel from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
It was discovered that the VirtIO subsystem in the Linux kernel did not properly initialize memory in some situations. A local attacker could use this to possibly expose sensitive information (kernel memory). (CVE-2018-1118)
Seunghun Han discovered an information leak in the ACPI handling code in the Linux kernel when handling early termination of ACPI table loading. A local attacker could use this to expose sensitive informal (kernel address locations). (CVE-2017-13695)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2017-13695, CVE-2018-1118
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is low unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 97.x versions prior to 97.19
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.19
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.