USN-3797-2: Linux kernel (Xenial HWE) vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-3797-1 fixed vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. This update provides the corresponding updates for the Linux Hardware Enablement (HWE) kernel from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Noam Rathaus discovered that a use-after-free vulnerability existed in the Infiniband implementation in the Linux kernel. An attacker could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash). (CVE-2018-14734)
It was discovered that an integer overflow existed in the CD-ROM driver of the Linux kernel. A local attacker could use this to expose sensitive information (kernel memory). (CVE-2018-16658)
It was discovered that a integer overflow existed in the HID Bluetooth implementation in the Linux kernel that could lead to a buffer overwrite. An attacker could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2018-9363)
Yves Younan discovered that the CIPSO labeling implementation in the Linux kernel did not properly handle IP header options in some situations. A remote attacker could use this to specially craft network traffic that could cause a denial of service (infinite loop). (CVE-2018-10938)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2018-10938, CVE-2018-14734, CVE-2018-16658, CVE-2018-9363
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.52
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.57
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.78
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.76
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.95
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.88
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.52
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.57
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.78
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.76
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.95
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.88
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.