USN-3899-1: OpenSSL vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Juraj Somorovsky, Robert Merget, and Nimrod Aviram discovered that certain applications incorrectly used OpenSSL and could be exposed to a padding oracle attack. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to decrypt data.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-1559
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 250.x versions prior to 250.21
- 170.x versions prior to 170.39
- 97.x versions prior to 97.66
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.65.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.21
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.39
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.66
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.65.0 or later.