USN-3911-1: file vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that file incorrectly handled certain malformed ELF files. An attacker could use this issue to cause a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-8904, CVE-2019-8905, CVE-2019-8906, CVE-2019-8907
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 250.x versions prior to 250.23
- 170.x versions prior to 170.43
- 97.x versions prior to 97.71
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.72.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.23
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.43
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.71
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.72.0 or later.