USN-3968-1: Sudo vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
Florian Weimer discovered that Sudo incorrectly handled the noexec restriction when used with certain applications. A local attacker could possibly use this issue to bypass configured restrictions and execute arbitrary commands. (CVE-2016-7076)
It was discovered that Sudo did not properly parse the contents of /proc/[pid]/stat when attempting to determine its controlling tty. A local attacker in some configurations could possibly use this to overwrite any file on the filesystem, bypassing intended permissions. (CVE-2017-1000368)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2016-7076, CVE-2017-1000368
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 315.x versions prior to 315.26
- 250.x versions prior to 250.48
- 170.x versions prior to 170.69
- 97.x versions prior to 97.96
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.26
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.48
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.69
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.96
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.