USN-3993-1: curl vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Wenchao Li discovered that curl incorrectly handled memory in the curl_url_set() function. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. This issue only affected Ubuntu 19.04. (CVE-2019-5435)
It was discovered that curl incorrectly handled memory when receiving data from a TFTP server. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2019-5436)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-5435, CVE-2019-5436
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 315.x versions prior to 315.34
- 250.x versions prior to 250.56
- 170.x versions prior to 170.76
- 97.x versions prior to 97.106
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.92.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.34
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.56
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.76
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.106
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.92.0 or later.