USN-4015-1: DBus vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Joe Vennix discovered that DBus incorrectly handled DBUS_COOKIE_SHA1 authentication. A local attacker could possibly use this issue to bypass authentication and connect to DBus servers with elevated privileges.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-12749
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 315.x versions prior to 315.41
- 250.x versions prior to 250.63
- 170.x versions prior to 170.82
- 97.x versions prior to 97.113
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.101.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.41
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.63
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.82
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.113
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.101.0 or later.