USN-4041-2: Linux kernel (HWE) update
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-4041-1 provided updates for the Linux kernel in Ubuntu. This update provides the corresponding updates for the Linux kernel for Ubuntu 16.04 ESM.
USN-4017-2 fixed vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel. Unfortunately, the update introduced a regression that interfered with networking applications that setup very low SO_SNDBUF values. This update fixes the problem.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Jonathan Looney discovered that the Linux kernel could be coerced into segmenting responses into multiple TCP segments. A remote attacker could construct an ongoing sequence of requests to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2019-11479)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-11479
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.141
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.135
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.143
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.141
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.135
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.143
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.