USN-4049-2: GLib vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-4049-1 fixed a vulnerability in GLib. This update provides the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM and Ubuntu 14.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that GLib created directories and files without properly restricting permissions. An attacker could possibly use this issue to access sensitive information.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-13012
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.144
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.138
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.145
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.144
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.138
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.145
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.