USN-4049-3: GLib regression
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
USN-4049-1 fixed a vulnerability in GLib. The update introduced a regression in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS causing a possible memory leak. This update fixes the problem.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that GLib created directories and files without properly restricting permissions. An attacker could possibly use this issue to access sensitive information.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-13012
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 456.x versions prior to 456.12
- 315.x versions prior to 315.81
- 250.x versions prior to 250.93
- 170.x versions prior to 170.118
- 97.x versions prior to 97.143
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 456.x versions to 456.12
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.81
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.93
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.118
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.143
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.