USN-4049-4: GLib regression
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-4049-1 fixed a vulnerability in GLib. The update introduced a regression. This update fixes the problem.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that GLib created directories and files without properly restricting permissions. An attacker could possibly use this issue to access sensitive information.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is unknown unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.148
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.142
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.149
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.148
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.142
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.149
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.