USN-4071-1: Patch vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that Patch incorrectly handled certain files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to access sensitive information. (CVE-2019-13636)
It was discovered that Patch incorrectly handled certain files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2019-13638)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-13636, CVE-2019-13638
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 456.x versions prior to 456.3
- 315.x versions prior to 315.72
- 250.x versions prior to 250.84
- 170.x versions prior to 170.111
- 97.x versions prior to 97.135
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.117.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 456.x versions to 456.3
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.72
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.84
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.111
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.135
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.117.0 or later.