USN-4071-2: Patch vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-4071-1 fixed several vulnerabilities in Patch. This update provides the corresponding update for Ubuntu 14.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that Patch incorrectly handled certain files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to access sensitive information. (CVE-2019-13636)
It was discovered that Patch incorrectly handled certain files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2019-13638)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-13636, CVE-2019-13638
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.146
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.140
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.147
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.146
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.140
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.147
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.